From the end of April, I am introducing a new service, offering a practical driving test package for my learners.
The charge for booking a weekday practical test package is £100. This cost is broken down as:-
- - £62 for booking the test date (the same cost as the DVSA would charge) i.e. there is no admin/booking fee charged
- - £38 to pre-pay for an hour lesson immediately before the test and for the use of my tuition car for the test (as well as driving you home afterwards!). To highlight, my usual PAYG charge on the day of the test is £45 so this represents a saving of 15%.
The charge booking a practical test on a Saturday is £120. This cost is broken down as:-
- - £75 for booking the test date (i.e. the same cost as the DVSA would charge)
- - £45 to pre-pay for an hour lesson immediately before the test and the use of my tuition car for the test (as well as driving you home afterwards!). To highlight, my usual PAYG charge on the day of a Saturday test is £50, so this represents a saving of 11%.
If you don’t want to take advantage of the reduced cost for the test day lesson and use of the car on the test, I can arrange to book your test for the cost of the DVSA fee (currently £62 for a weekday test and £75 for a test on a Saturday). I must also highlight that learners can still book their test themselves but, as I am registered by the DVSA to reserve or book a practical test date, it ensures that I will book a test date when I am available (rather than you having to constantly consult with me on my availability) and am notified of any cancellations (so am equipped to book a test at short notice, if required).
Terms and Conditions
- Before I agree to book a practical test for you, I need to be satisfied that you have reached test standard (or consider that you will be by the test date).
- We will discuss your availability for a test prior to me booking a date. It will be your responsibility to advise me if your availability changes.
- While I will already have obtained your personal details (for the purposes of driving lessons), it is important that you are aware (for Data Protection purposes) that these will be used (and provided to DVSA) in order to book a test date.
- You need to pay the full fee (by bank transfer) within 48 hours of me booking the date for you.
- If you wish to cancel or amend the test date, you must give me a minimum of 3 workings day notice (in line with DVSA requirements), otherwise you will lose the DVSA fee of £62/£75. If you give me at least 3 working days notice, you can opt to select another test date or seek a 100% refund (of the whole fee paid).
- If you wish to cancel or amend the test date but give me less 3 working days notice but more than 48 hours notice, you will only lose the DVSA fee. However, if you give me less than 48 hours notice, you will lose the entire fee.
- Please note that the charges highlighted are subject to change (in line with any DVSA price changes).
- Subject to my discretion, this service is currently only available to learners who have had at least 20 hours of driving lessons with me.