The Car (Manual NOT automatic)
As part of a franchise agreement with AA Driving School, I am supplied me with a car to deliver your driving lessons in Nottingham. The car is not branded as AA Driving School but has magnetic signs that highlight my instructor details instead.
The car is fully serviced, maintained and replaced on an annual basis (so is usually less than a year old) and, in an emergency, can be replaced within 48 hours.
The current vehicle I use is the Ford Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost (the Titanium model), petrol version in dark grey, and is due to be replaced with a new vehicle in August 2017.
The latest edition of the Ford Fiesta was awarded Whatcar’s “Car of the Year 2013 – Supermini”, so the AA Driving School car is a great car for driving lessons. You will be learning to drive in a 5 door manual car that has a 1.0 litre Ecoboost petrol engine with many features, such as:-
- Dual air conditioning & pollen filters (the car is very cool in the hot weather and suitably warm in the winter)
- Heated front and back windscreens
- Airbags galore! (Front, side, knee, curtain)
- Power steering
- Seat height adjuster
- Electric windows and electric door-mirror adjuster
- Hill Start Assist (although I do disable this for learner drivers, to help develop hill starting skills)
- Automatic light sensors (with switch lights on automatically in dim/dark conditions)
- Dual controls (clutch and footbrake)
Please note that the car is a manual car; I do not provide lessons in an automatic car.
Driving Lessons in Nottingham with Martin
(AA Franchised Driving Instructor – AA Solo)